5.05.2009

a month FULL


We have been so busy with so many fun things I'm having a hard time remembering all the way back to the beginning of the month. I'll do my best to try and catch you up...
We started the month going to a fun conference for work in North Carolina. We enjoyed looking at the mountains, a little bit of snow, LOTS of laughs, and of course some work :) (but no pictures! bummer.) Next, Josh's parents came to visit and we had great time exploring the area, shopping, catching up, and having fun. It was nice having them here and them getting a chance to see what we do. Sydney loved it and had lots of fun with them. BUT, somehow I managed to not get photos of that either!! I'm slacking, I know. Right after they left we had our 6 month evaluation and it feels SO good to have that over and done with, can't even tell you.
We left the next day for a WONDERFUL reunion of great friends in Arkansas (see photos below...most of them I didn't take. Don't worry, I got better toward the end of the month). It was so awesome to see friends that are like family to us. Between Josh's parents visiting and the AR trip, it was the emotinal/spiritual/mental boost that all three of us desperately needed. It was so good seeing everyone in Siloam...but honestly a little hard to remember what great community we left behind. They are amazing people and amazing friends to us, we felt SO blessed and SO taken care of...thank you Siloam friends!
Our next shift on with the boys we found out that it is official, we will be moving to a different cottage and will be working with high school girls. This is a good thing and it's come after A LOT of prayer, discussion, and thought. We told the boys and got sort of a mixed reaction from them. It was hard and will be hard to leave them, but we're filling an open position that needs to be filled and we believe that it will be a better fit for us in the long run...especially for Sydney. After all this stress and fun activity we filled our time off with MORE :) We had a fun time at the zoo with friends and then when to the beach for the first time since we moved here. It was a brief stay but SO much fun and needed relaxation. Sydney LOVED the zoo and oohed and awed at all the animals, especially the big ones. And loved the beach even more. She cried when we left because she enjoyed playing in the sand so much. (pictures below, see...told you I started doing better).

So that's the very brief version of our month...we also had some sickness in the midst of all of that which made for very tired Boozell's to start off May. This is our last shift with the boys and we're trying to make the most of that. We're a bit nervous to start over in a sense with the girls but excited for what is to come....pray for our transition if you think of it (and for the boys and girls transition as well).

A Sydney update...she's doing great. She's is all over the place and hates beeing cooped up for too long. She's starting to get more and more vocal and now says shoe, drink, juice, cheese, no (her favorite), and various animal noises that all sound like quack or moo :)

Enjoy the pictures, I wish there were more.....what can I say, I did my best :) And just a warning, the blogs will probably continue to be sparse for a while as our computer is still very dead with little hopes of reviving. :( Until next time....

Siloam trip...



park and zoo...


beach...

No comments yet